An ideal candidate for a Transit Operator of our fleet of Buses must possess the following basic qualifications:
* Organizes work by obtaining route assignment
* Prepares vehicle by completing operator inspections; reporting required repairs.
* Picks up and discharges passengers by following designated route; stopping at designated locations; announcing locations; calling in delays; requesting emergency maintenance.
* Collects revenue by monitoring and enforcing fares.
* Provides for passenger comfort by regulating heating, ventilation, and lighting systems; enforcing passenger conduct rules.
* Maintains safe conditions by complying with traffic regulations; observing traffic conditions; avoiding dangerous situations; enforcing passenger safety rules.
* Completes reports by entering required information.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Assist customers by providing accessibility and special needs assistance, supplying information about the service
* Perform pre- and post-trip bus inspections and maintain vehicle cleanliness.
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
* A Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma Requirement
* Level of reading, writing and learning skills normally attained through a high school education. * Exceptional customer service skills, a strong safety attitude, along with good judgement and problem-solving abilities are a must.
* Prior frontline, face-to-face customer service experience which includes the ability to deal courteously with the public and experienced background with respect to public accessibility requirements
* Be able to work a flexible work schedule that includes various shifts: nights, split shifts, weekends, holidays and with various off days
* Able to work independently within varying shifts/schedules, sit for extended periods of time, exercise a high degree of visual concentration, and drive safely in variable weather and traffic conditions.
* Willing to work with minimal supervision both as an individual and as a team
* Willing to work at various locations within our service area.
* Direct customer service experience, where you have dealt professionally with the general public using superior verbal communication skills, is a definite asset.
* Capable of dealing with all fare media and tariffs.
* Large and/or wheel-chair vehicle driving experience is considered an asset
* Previous commercial driving experience, particularly with large vehicles, would also be beneficial.
* Possession of a valid Ontario Class “G” (or higher) driver’s license, for a minimum of 2 years; must meet the corporate standard of a good driving record. Applicants with more than 2 demerit points on their driver’s abstract will not be considered.
* Must meet all legislated standards governing the issuance of a Class "C" Licence
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Class “B” driver’s licence and a “Z” endorsement. Note: individuals must be at least 25 years of age to obtain this licence and meet all other Ministry of Transportation - Ontario licensing requirements.
* Must successfully complete the New Driver Training program as well as all other training required by corporate policy, and obtain and maintain First Aid certification.
* There should be no criminal convictions of any kind on the driver’s abstract.
If you meet these qualifiactions, please use the link below to email your resume. Phone calls will NOT be accepted.
We thank you for your consideration and we will be contacting those that meet our qualifications for additional testing and/or training. All resumes are kept on file for no more than one year of date of receipt.